The tools programmer will design, implement, enhance and ensure the proper functioning of the tools that will complete the engine possibilities and help improve the effectiveness of the production team.
- Compile and understand system development needs and assess their feasibility to enhance the production pipeline.
- Analyze existing features in the engine and available tools and suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems whenever necessary.
- Support the features and systems designed for production: production workflows in the engine, plugins for third-party applications (Maya, source control –Perforce-, etc.) and productivity tools (compilation, build process, etc.).
- Analyze and correct the tools bugs determined by other working units and tools testers (and eventually the quality control team).
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (production) to understand how to use the systems and features.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience in programming tools.
- Ability to understand and account for user needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
- Autonomy and resourcefulness.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Analytical and synthesis skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- User oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Results focus and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of C++, C#, Python, WPF, SQL, etc.
- Knowledge of concepts in ergonomics.
- Batch Scripting.
- Knowledge in plugin development for Unreal.
- Knowledge in Build Management.
- Knowledge of Art pipeline.