- Be a link between design and code, understanding each needs and offering solutions
- Establishing with programmers how gameplay related features are implemented,
- Feeding back to lead designers on the actual complexity of a feature (from an implementation point of view).
- Creating “bricks of gameplay” that level designers can drop in their levels with little to no tweaking.
- Extending existing functionality using the “tools” (scripting functions) made available by programmers.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Having experienced the whole cycle of development from concept to release.
- Excellent creative vision that can be channeled and adapted to any type of game.
- Computer Science degree is considered a definite advantage.
- Experience using Unreal.
- Experience using Blueprints.
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving with a user focused approach
- A working knowledge of standard industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines.
- Have an open-minded approach to design and display the ability to challenge convention. They will be forward thinking and have the flexibility to research and undertake any game as required.
- Broad knowledge of entertainment experiences, social gaming and game industry in general