We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Combat Designer. The right candidate will share our passion to create amazing and challenging gaming experiences. He or she will work as part of a cross-discipline team to develop memorable games.
We are based in Madrid, but currently working remotely.
- Develop innovative and creative combat design ideas based on the creative vision to specific titles.
- Provide critical and creative insight and feedback on game concepts to improve and fine tune the game.
- Work with all departments such as, animation and FX to create compelling combat mechanics.
- Tune combat to balance gameplay elements and ensure the highest level of player engagement.
- Attend and participate in combat-specific discussions concerning combat design and combat design issues.
- Complete thorough documentation for all assigned features.
- Support the team with other design related tasks when necessary.
Requirements / Skills
- At least one shipped game as combat designer.
- Video game related degree and/or comparable videogame experience.
- Experience implementing and tuning animation timing windows for attacks, blocks, hit reactions, branches, and other actions.
- Must be able to grasp and work with code-based proprietary tools to implement and troubleshoot assigned characters.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and Blueprints.
- Must comprehend a working knowledge of the game production pipeline to communicate effectively with other team members.
- Have a flexible, creative, and open-minded approach to problem solving.
- Ability to think logically with a strong level of attention to detail.
To apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including Combat Game Designer and your name in the subject. Please don’t forget to attach your CV and any other material that may impress us