The Monetization Designer plays a critical role creating systems based on the comprehension of how the game works as a service and how customers behave in order to generate monetization opportunities that improve the game’s financial performance.
The right candidate should have previous experience in game monetization. He or she will become a key member of the development team and will work closely with different departments to ensure the best game experience for players.
Having good communication skills, including presentations and being able to explain ideas clearly and thoroughly will be necessary for the role. It will also be important to keep an eye on the game industry trends or the main interests of the gamer community and design assets that are considered valuable for the players.
We are based in Madrid but currently working remotely.
- Promote a holistic monetization strategy to improve retention, increasing in-game revenue and lifetime value, while enhancing the player experience.
- Liaise with Art and Production teams to develop a strategic and opportunistic plan for the creation of in-game items and bring regular updates to the in-game store.
- Collaborate across the broader development team to maintain the game economy for the life of the game.
- Provide support and objective feedback for the team.
- Take a primary role in raising the overall knowledge level in the design team for monetization best practices.
- Be the main conduit for key performance indicators (KPIs) related to acquisition, retention and monetization, analyze KPI reports and share information with production teams to identify and predict trends.
Qualifications / Skills:
- At least 4 years of experience in game monetization or working on economy systems for games as a service.
- Strong passion for gaming and thorough understanding of game design (mechanics & systems).
- In-depth knowledge in online games.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment to develop features iteratively under deadlines and time constraints.
- Understanding of player psychology.
- Ability to think logically with a strong level of attention to detail.
- Self-critical spirit and excellent communication and team-work skills.
To apply please send an email to email@example.com including Monetization Designer and your name in the subject. Please don’t forget to attach your CV and any other material that may impress us.